The largest stained-glass window in Europe!
One of the most interesting tourist attractions of Rypin is the stained-glass windows in the Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus which depicts the famous Last Supper. The stained-glass window is located in the central part of the temple and covers the floor surface of 212 m², which makes it the largest stained-glass window in Europe and second largest in the world. It was designed and made entirely by two artists from Rypin, Elżbieta and Andrzej Bednarski.
The first Jews came to Rypin in the 16th century, and the Jewish community was established in mid-17th century. There were three Jewish cemeteries in Rypin. No information can be found on the first one, the second, dating back to the 18th century is lost without a single trace left. And the youngest cemetery from the 18th or 19th century was destroyed by the Germans during World War II. The tombstones were used for building works.
In the 80s and 90s of the 20th century, some of the matzevot were recovered. In 1990, there was a lapidary erected in the cemetery plot, that is, a semi-circular wall, on which the found matzevot and fragments thereof were mounted.
Rypin Sports Centre
A modern sports and leisure complex opened on 4 November 2013. It offers a wide range of spare time activities both for children and adults. On the area of 6400 m², you’ll find a pool with attractions, a sports hall, a bowling alley and a SPA Zone (gym, fitness, sauna, solarium, massage room). The pool in Rypin will make you have as much fun as never ever before.
ul. Dworcowa 11,
tel. +48 54 233 97 42
Dobrzyn Rural Museum
A regional museum with an incredibly rich cultural offer – starting with interactive museum lessons, through permanent and temporary exhibitions up to historical events and excursions to the nearest surroundings.
- Cellars of the Execution House (martyrological exhibition on the history of the nationalist repressions in the Dobrzyn region during World War II)
- The Old Rypin in the darkness of the past (archaeological exhibition presenting the origins of Rypin)
The construction of the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Rypin began in 1883 and ended in 1888. The church was built from red bricks in neo-gothic style, in basilica arrangement with the main nave higher than the side naves. The roof and the towers are decorated with pinnacles.
The church is 30 metres long, 110 metres wide, 10 metres high (without the tower). The interiors house a three-part altar, a carved pulpit, stylish benches and galleries. The church is decorated with a rich polychrome. In 1892, two bells were purchased, but only one survived to the present day. The tower clock was bought in 1911 in Prague.